Rosh Hashanah Festive Hoops
Project by Sarah Holliman
A fun weekend project to create these hoop designs, perfect for celebrating any occasion.
These hoop designs were made to celebrate the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah.
You will need
One fat quarter pack of fabric
Embroidery hoop to fit your design (I used an 8” and 10” hoop)
Selection of embroidery threads/embellishments
Scissors/Rotary Cutter and Mat/ Pins/Thread/Needles
1. Make a template for your design – you could download a template or design one for yourself. Transfer your design onto a sheet of A4 paper ensuring it will fit inside your hoop.
2. Trace your design onto bondaweb. If you are using any text on your design you will need to reverse image the wording.
3. Roughly cut around your pieces
4. Choose your background fabric and lay the pieces out to make your design. Make sure your complete design will fit inside the hoop borders.
5. Select different colours of fabric for your cut out pieces.
6. Iron the bondaweb to the wrong side of your fabric and cut out your design.
7. Lay out all the cut out pieces onto your background fabric. When you are happy with your design, peel off the bondaweb backing and iron into place.
8. You can now embellish or embroider into your design as you wish.
9. When your design is complete, gently pull the fabric to ensure it is tight in the hoop frame and secure. There are many different methods of tidying the back of the frame but I have used a simple gathering stitch.
10. Add a hanging loop or ribbon and enjoy.
Made by Sarah Holliman for The Craft Cotton Company 2021