Baking for Christmas Pot Holder
Project by Nicola Hills
Fabric: Scandi Sweets
1. Cut out 3 fabric circles, 2 from the main fabric, 1 contrasting fabric for the pocket and 1 from Bosal.
2. Draw your quilting pattern on the face side of the fabric with a heat/water erasable pen. Sandwich the front, Foam and back fabric, pin to secure and top stitch over the lines/pattern.
3. With the pocket piece fold it in half and follow the quilting lines you made on the front main section and top stitch.
4. Cut a 1.5” strip the length of the pocket piece, to bind the top of the pocket.
5. Place the binding onto the front pocket piece R/S together, sew along the top with a 1/4’ seam. Fold over and top stitch with the machine or hand stitch the other side.
6. Place the pocket piece on top of the main circle, pin or clip. Stitch around to hold in place.
7. Take 1.5” strips to bind the outside of the pot holder. This photograph shows you how to join them if they are not long enough.
8. Add a little hanger
9. Pin/Clip the binding all around the outside.
10. This is how you join the binding ends together. See my ‘Binding Tutorial’. Sew all around with a 1/4” seam.
Add a bow or button to decorate if you wish!
To see more from Nicola, follow her on Instagram @bobbincottagebodkin!
Made by Nicola Hills for The Craft Cotton Co 2022.