Christmas Table Fun - Christmas Crackers
Project by Stephanie Marsh
You will need (for 6 crackers):
6 sheets card
½ m green Christmas fabric
½ m red Christmas fabric
6m gold ribbon
1. On card print off 6 Christmas cracker templates, you can find many online, including on Pinterest. Cut out along the solid line and score along the dotted line.
2. Roll the cracker up lengthways and overlap the tabs. Hold in place with sellotape. Put them to one side.
3. Cut 6 of each of the following (3 green, 3 red):
a) 12” x 9”
b) 3.5” x 9”
c) 1.5” x 9”
4. On b and c, above, press under ¼” on each on the long side onto the wrong side.
5. Take 1 of a, and mark the half way point from top to bottom by folding it in half and lightly finger pressing it.
6. Open out and place right side up. On the crease line, place on of pieces b, centralising it with right sides up, repeat with piece c, alternating the colours.
7. Pin in place.
8. Stitch the strips in place along the folded pressed line, I used a contrasting thread.
9. Press ¼” around all the edges onto the wrong side.
10. Stitch all around 4 edges. Press.
11. Take the gold ribbon and cut into 50cm lengths.
12. Now to make up the crackers. Take 2 lengths gold ribbon, one of the cracker templates cut out and made up and 1 of the sewn fabric lengths.
13. Place the fabric right side facing down, place the cracker roll on top and wrap the fabric around it, tie the ribbon at either end to hold in place. Tie in a nice bow.
You could put use one of these to put a gift inside, or maybe put a joke and hat inside and decorate the dinner table with them.
You could also decorate them anyway you want, buy some patches and sew them on the front on decorate with stick on gems, personalise them how you want.
To see more from Stephanie, follow her on Instagram @stephanie_j_marsh, and make sure to check out her other Christmas table fun projects!
Made by Stephanie Marsh for The Craft Cotton Co 2022.