Christmas Tree Table Runner
Project by Lesley Foster
Perfect for Christmas this table runner will add some extra festiveness this Christmas season.
Snowy Woodland fabric by The Craft Cotton Company
- Snowflake (45x45 – for background)
- Pine cone (30x30cm – for trees)
- Mistletoe (30x30cm – for trees)
- Woodland lodge (20x20cm – for trunks)
- Owls (1m x 32cm – for backing, 20x20cm - for trunks)
- Woodland creatures (2, 1x4cm – for front strips)
1. On paper draw out a template for the patchwork pieces (below is drawn on a 20x21cm piece of paper).
2. Cut out the template and use this to cut out the fabric using a 0.5cm seam allowance.
3. Take the trunks and snowflake background pieces that will form the bottom patchwork row of the table runner and join them together by placing right sides together and sewing down the right hand side.
4. Take the trees and snowflake background pieces that will form the top patchwork row and sew together by placing right sides together and sewing down the right hand side.
5. Take the two patchwork rows and sew together by placing right sides together and sewing to join.
6. Take the two front strips and place one along the top edge and one along the bottom edge, place right sides together and sew to join.
7. Take the back piece and place right side up, place the patchwork from right sides down on top and sew around to join, leaving a 10cm gap for turning.
8. Turn out the right way and slip stitch to close.
To see more from Lesley, visit her on Instagram @hookstitchsew
Made by Lesley Foster for The Craft Cotton Company 2020