Tooth Fairy Cushion
Project by Michelle Roberts- Creative Blonde
Follow my tutorial to make a super cute 16” cushion cover, made from just 2 fat quarters!
16”x 16” front piece (I used stars and plaid from Fabric Editions)
Two backing pieces measuring 16” x 11” and 15” x 9” (I used purple and blue from Hobbycraft FQ pastel collection)
15” cushion pad
7” x 7” felt
· Quilter’s ruler
· Rotary cutter/scissors
· Cutting mat
· Basic sewing supplies
Lets get sewing…
1. Take your chosen coloured piece of felt and using a machine or by hand, embroider your message.
2. Finger press under 3/8” down one length and sew, repeat on opposite edge, and again along the bottom edge.
3. This pocket is now ready to sew to the front of your cushion, place in the centre and 6” from the top. Pin to keep secure.
4. Sew 1/8” from edge of pocket, along all 3 sides ( do not sew along the top).
5. Take the backing pieces and along one of the longest edges, fold and press the edge over twice. Then top stitch to hold in place, repeat on the second backing piece.
6. Sew your cushion with right sides together, making sure to lay the bigger backing piece down onto the right side of the cushion front piece, with raw edges all on the outer edge.
Pin and sew using ½” seam allowance. Snip corners.
Turn right side out and press (take care not to iron the felt)
Add cushion pad.
Your cushion is complete! Just pop your tooth in the pocket and leave it in a spot easy for the tooth fairy to find when they come to visit.
To see more of my tutorials, you can follow my blog www.creativeblonde.co.uk and my new website www.creativeblondegifts.com and/or Instagram page www.instagram.co.uk/michelle_creativeblonde and www.facebook.com/creativeblonde66
Stockist for Fabric
Made by Michelle Roberts for The Craft Cotton Co 2022