Fabric Christmas Trees
You will need: Christmas Fat Quarters ¼” Dowelling Wooden Bobbins Glue Needle Thread
Instructions: 1. Cut out 9 circles in fabric (5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 cm) in various fabrics.
2. Cut a small slit in the middles of all the circles, apart from the smaller on.
3. To make the Suffolk puff run a small running stitch around the edge of the circles, about ¼” in, pull the thread tight, gathering in all the edge. Finish off with a double back stick to hold it in place.
4. Make Suffolk puffs from all the circles.
5. Glue 6” lengths of dowelling into the bobbins and leave to dry.
6. Thread the Suffolk puffs on to the doweling, with the raw edges facing up.
7. Place the small one on the top of the dowelling, raw side down.
8. To make a fuller tree use more Suffolk puffs.
Made by Stephanie Marsh for The Craft Cotton Company 2018