Childs Peter Rabbit Headband Tutorial
Project by Nicola Hills
Fabric: Merry Christmas - The Most Wonderful Time of The Year - Peter Rabbit (2906-02)
Dress Pattern by ‘The Brighton Sewing Centre’
Making a Child's Headband:
1. Cut 2 Outer Fabric and 2 Lining Fabric strips 4’ wide by the head circumference measurement - 4”
Cut 1 of lining and 1 of outer fabric 1.5” wide x 12” long.
2. Cut diagonally across one end. Sew 1 lining and 1 outer fabric R/S together using a 1/4” seam along both long edges and just the shaped short edge. Leave the other end open.
*REPEAT* for the other side.
Turn right side out and press.
3. Sew the 2 smaller rectangles R/S together down the long edges leaving both short ends open.
Turn R/S out.
With a 4” piece of elastic insert into the smaller rectangle and top stitch to secure. Thread the other end through, this will gather up slightly, sew as above.
4. Now take one of the longer pieces and with fabrics matching place the gathered smaller rectangle in the centre, fold in each side and sew.
*REPEAT* for the other side
5. Neaten out and tie your Bow.
To see more from Nicola, follow her on Instagram @bobbincottagebodkin.
Made by Nicola Hills for The Craft Cotton Co 2022.