Christmas Critters Gift Bags Panel
Project by Debbie Shore
Create some festive Christmas gift bags with Debbie's Christmas Critters fabric panel.
1. Cut out your pattern shapes, use the bag piece as a template to cut out lining piece.
2. Sew the top and bottom of the lining to the top and bottom of the bag.
3. Sew the sides together, leaving the cut out corners unsewn and a turning gap on one side of the lining.
4. Open out the corners and sew straight across.
5. Turn the right side out and sew the opening closed.
6. Push the lining inside the bag. Fold the short ends of the drawstring channel over by 6mm and sew. Fold the long edges over by 6mm and press.
7. Pin, then sew the channel 2.5cm from the top of the bag, with the ends at the centre front.
8. Thread ribbon through the channel, a safety pin can help!
9. Pull the ribbon and tie to close.
10. Repeat with the second bag.
11. Although the circles are meant for gift tags, they look quite sweet when placed in 8cm embroidery hoops!
Made by Debbie Shore for The Craft Cotton Company 2021