Christmas Fabric Rag Wreath
Project by Sarah Holliman
This beautiful Rag Wreath is a quick and easy make. Easily adaptable to add your own choice of fabrics and decorations. A perfect accessory for inside or outside your home.
You will need;
1-2 metres of different fabrics or a Fabric quarter 5 pack
12 inch/30cm Metal ring wreath (available from Hobbycraft/garden centres).
Ribbon/String for hanging the wreath
1. Cut all your fabric pieces into strips of 7 inches in length by 1.5 inches wide. I like to use pinking shears to cut the fabric as it gives the wreath a fuller effect, but you can also use scissors.
2. When you have all the strips cut, start to tie them onto the metal frame.
3. Keep tying all the fabric strips around the frame until there are no spaces or gaps left, the more fabric strips you can squeeze in, the fuller and fluffier the wreath will be.
4. When you have finished tying all the fabric onto the wreath you can also make a large fabric bow to decorate the wreath. Cut a fabric quarter in half widthways and then in half again, so that you have two strips of fabric 2.5 inches wide by approx. 22 inches in length
5. Sew the strips right sides together and turn out the right way round.
6. Press the two fabric strips.
7. Use one strip to form a bow shape. Stitch together in the middle. This seam will be hidden by the bow ties.
8. Use the second strip as the ribbon ties on the bow. Tie this strip around the wreath frame, pulling the bow into shape. Neatly hem the bow edges. Arrange the bow as desired.
9. Attach a hanging ribbon or string to the top of the wreath.
10. FLUFF YOUR WREATH, ADD ACCESSORIES IF DESIRED AND ENJOY!
To see more from Sarah, visit her on Instagram @sjstitchery
Made by Sarah Holliman for The Craft Cotton Company 2020