Easter Bunny Bunting
Project by Stephanie Marsh
You will need:
2 x packs fat quarters (1 plain, 1 striped) Bondaweb Tape (roughly 3m) Co-ordinating Thread Small White Pompoms
Templates - download here
1. Using the plain colour fat quarters unit out 6 triangles 20cm deep by 20cm in each of the colours.
2. Print off the rabbit template, above, or use one of your own, you can find many on Pinterest. You may have to resize a bit, it should fit comfortably in the centre of the triangle, remembering to take into consideration that there is a seam allowance or about 3/4cm.
3. Take your rabbit template and trace onto the bondaweb 15 times. Cut out roughly.
4. Iron these onto the wrong side of the striped fat quarters, 3 from each colour.
5. Cut them all out, along the drawn lines.
6. Using a pin score the back of the rabbits to peel off the backing papers, place on the right side of the triangles (3 from each of the plain colours).
7. Using a close zig zag or a decorative stitch on your sewing machine stitch around the outside of the rabbit to hold the fabric in place.
8. Take the plain other triangle right side to right side with the triangles you have stitched the rabbit to and stitch around, approx. ¾ cm, the two long edges. Trim the bottom corner off the triangle, close to the stitch line. Turn right sides out and press.
9. Trim across the top of the triangle so they are all the same depth.
10. Hand stitch the pompoms on for the bunny’s tails.
11. Machine stitch the flags onto the tape, leaving a 3cm gap between each.
Your bunny bunting is now complete!
To see more from Stephanie, visit her on Instagram @stephanie_j_marsh
Made by Stephanie Marsh for The Craft Cotton Company 2021