Father's Day Key Fobs
Project by Sarah Holliman
You will need:
Piece of Bosal R Form measuring 2x5 inches.
Small pieces of fabric – 2 pieces measuring 2x5 inches
2 inch strip for bias for keychain
Small amount of fabric for pocket detail
1. Take a piece of Bosal R Form of the size you want your keyfob to become. I used a piece measuring 2x5 inches.
2. Place one piece of fabric onto the Bosal and stitch around the edge with ¼ inch seam allowance. This will become the back of the key fob with the pocket detail.
3. To make the pocket detail take a piece of fabric approx. 3.5x2.5 inches in size. Hem one of the long edges to neaten.
4. Place the pocket on top of the bosal and fabric and sew the three sides in place, leaving the top edge of the pocket open.
5. Take a small 2 inch strip of fabric and fold to make a bias strip. Stitch down one side of the strip to secure. Fold the strip in half and pin to the top centre of the back piece of the fob. Stitch into place.
6. Take the fabric piece for the front of the key fob, with wrong side facing down, pin and then stitch around all four sides, leaving a gap for turning.
7. Turn out the piece, and sew up the gap.
8. Top stitch to neaten and press with an iron.
Use the pocket detail to personalise your key fob,
Add a label with a special handwritten note,
Place a little drawing inside the pocket,
Hide Dad/s favourite chocolate in the pocket.
To see more from Sarah, visit her on Instagram @sjstitchery
Made by Sarah Holliman for The Craft Cotton Company 2021
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY